While somedays I wear a full face of colorful makeup, other days I wear no makeup at all. Yesterday, I adopted for something in between. I wore a substantial amount of makeup but in a light and sheer way, with nude tones, to create a more natural look. Below are the products I used.
When creating a natural makeup look it is so important to really nail the base. For this kind of look, I like a base that feels light and skin-like, lets my skin show through but covers some of the redness I have in my face.
- It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream : This guy is a revelation. A CC cream that provides substantial coverage while feeling light and never looking cake-y, this foundation is perfect for lighter makeup days….or any makeup days.
- Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Ultra-Longwear Concealer: Relatively new to my collection, this concealer provides great coverage while being hydrating and light under the eyes. So far I haven’t had any problems with creasing and it has stayed put throughout the day.
For this makeup look I wanted to go a little bronze-y and a little glowy.
- Nars Laguna Liquid Bronzer: Liquid Bronzer is a great option for a more skin like finish than powder bronzer. This bronzer is a great shade that is hard to overdo.
- Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Contour Powder: My absolute go to for contouring. While I don’t go crazy for contour, and focus solely on shading just slightly below my cheekbones, this product is great for creating definition. At the same time its cool tone and fine texture make it easy to blend out for a natural look.
- E.l.f. Shimmer Palette: A fantastic palette with four cream highlight shades. None of the shades are overly glittery, so this product is perfect for creating a nice sheen on the tops of the cheekbones.
- Jouer Blush Bouquet in Adore: I have quite a lot of red in my face so I’m not wild about blush, but these more brown-toned nude blushes are a great alternative to pinkier blushes.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Medium Brown: This is my go to brow product for any makeup day. It fills in the gaps in my brows but never looks overdone, and stays in place throughout the day.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel : The best brow gel I have yet to find, this helps tame my wild brows throughout the day without ever being crispy or shiny.
- Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer : Not too warm or too cool toned, this powder bronzer is perfect for running through the crease to create a very simple and natural yet defined eye look.
- The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer: I placed this in the inner corner of my eyes to add a little brightness to my eye look. A champagne highlighter, this is a gorgeous addition to any look, and while I didn’t use it on the face today, its a fantastic cheekbone highlight.
- Lancôme Monsieur Big Mascara: While not exactly natural looking, this is my favorite mascara at the moment. If I’m going for a very minimal makeup look I’ll wear something more subtle, but in most cases I’ll wear this. It creates full, fluffy, voluminous and dark lashes.
- MAC Lip Pencil in Oak: A light, warm toned brown, this pencil is perfect for outlining and filling the lips. I prefer shades like these to pinker tones as they my natural lip shade better
- Too Faced Natural Nudes Intense Color Coconut Butter Lipstick in Nip Slip: While beautiful and opaque when swiped on, I chose to dab this on lightly for a sheerer look.
I hope you enjoyed seeing some of my go-to products for a natural makeup look. What are your favorites?